“Run a marathon!” they said. “It will be fun!” they said! So I started. How about you?
I keep forgetting that this marathon is an individual race. I keep forgetting that we all run at our own speed.
The worst part…as I watch social media and see all of your fabulous finishes, I have decided:
- I need a new sewing machine. The problem, To get a new sewing machine, I have to work more hours to earn more money. When I work more hours, I have less time at home. When I have less time at home I cannot finish my UFO’s. Can someone please solve this dilemma for me.
- I want to do more projects that my girlfriends are finishing and posting. I mean, does it count if you start more projects without finishing your old one? Do you see my problem?
- I have handbound 4 quilts. How many UFO’s can you finish when your fingers and thumb is bound with bandages?
I have also ran into a few reminders to myself:
- I must include two #’s on each post. #mygirlfriendsquiltshoppe and #mgqsuforun.
- If I post on Instagram, I must make my profile public. If I keep my profile private, my friends are the only ones that can see my post, not ALL of my girlfriends I can email my before and after pictures to [email protected] if I do not have social media.
- I will keep track of my progress and submit my tracking sheet at the end of August. I can find another tracking sheet here: My Girlfriend’s UFO RUN Summer 2021! – My Girlfriends Quilt Shoppe
- I am on my honor system but the voice of Kris keeps repeating in my head…..”I must finish more than 26 mug rugs and book marks!”
But most of all….I must persevere and remember:
TOUGH RUNS DO NOT LAST, TOUGH RUNNERS DO!