30 Things You Didn't Know a Serger Could Do
A serger machine is a powerful tool for any sewist that can make a huge difference in the quality of your projects and the amount of time it takes you to complete them. But did you know there are a tons of incredible, easy, and unique things you can do with a serger machine?
Here is your Girlfriend's list of 30 amazing things you didn't know a serger could do:
- Create a rolled hem: A serger can help you create a delicate, rolled hem for any project.
- Create a flatlock seam: Investing in a serger will allow you to easily create a flatlock seam.
- Gather fabric to create your own ruffles.
- Create ruffles and pleats: A serger can help you craft beautiful ruffles and pleats in your projects.
- Repair and reinforce fabric: Sergers are great for mending and reinforcing fabric, like the edges of a quilt or the hem of a dress.
- Sew bags and purses: Sergers can quickly and easily handle the construction of bags and purses.
- Sew pillows and cushions: Sergers are great for making pillows and cushions.
- Sew draperies: Sergers can help you make beautiful, professional-looking drapes.
- Sew leather: A serger can help you sew leather quickly and easily.
- Create a mock flat felled seam: With a serger, you can easily create a mock flat felled seam.
- Sew bias tape: A serger can help you quickly sew bias tape around the edges of your project.
- Sew upholstery: Sergers can help you make beautiful upholstered projects.
- Sew stretchy fabric: A serger is a great way to sew stretchy fabric, like lycra and spandex.
- Easily sew on knit fabric: A serger can help you make knit fabric from scratch.
- Make bias tape: A serger can help you make your own bias tape from fabric scraps.
- Create a patchwork quilt: Investing in a serger will make it much easier to create a patchwork quilt.
- Sew blankets: Sergers are perfect for making blankets quickly and easily.
- Sew ribbons: A serger can help you quickly sew ribbons onto your projects.
- Sew binding: A serger can help you quickly sew binding around the edges of your project.
- Sew decorative stitches: Sergers can help you create beautiful decorative stitches.
- Easily sew on elastic: It's easy to attach elastic using the differential feed feature.
- Make bias binding: A serger can help you quickly make your own bias binding.
- Sew bias-tape facings: A serger can help you quickly sew bias-tape facings.
- Sew baby clothes: Sergers are perfect for quickly sewing baby clothes.
- Make piping: A serger can help you make piping quickly and easily.
- Sew bias-tape binding: A serger can help you quickly sew bias-tape binding.
- Sew over multiple layers of fabric without having to change tension.
- Sew a blanket stitch: Finish the outside edge of your projects.
- Make belt loops, purse straps, and lanyards.
- Install a zipper.
As you can see, serger machines can do a lot more than just make clothing. With a serger, you can quickly and easily make all kinds of projects. Whether you’re looking to make curtains, pillows, quilts, or so much more, a serger can help you get the job done quickly and professionally.
You have found it! Use the code GIRLFRIENDHUNT at checkout for your special savings! We hope you enjoy our new website as much as we do! Stay tuned for more exciting things coming your way!