Big Sewing Case by Minki Kim (PDF Download)
Skill level: Intermediate to Advanced
Total of 14pages
The pattern has instructions and all color step-by-step pictures
12 1/2˝(32cm) wide x 10˝(25cm) deep x 7’’(18cm) high
• Quilting cotton A: 1/2 yard for cover panel, handle and binding
• Quilting cotton B: 1/4 yard for zipper panel
• Home Deco weight fabric (or quilting cotton) : fat quarter(18’’ x 22’’) for bottom panel
• Quilting cotton C: 1 yard for lining
• Clear vinyl
• Woven interfacing, such as Pellon SF101 or Kimberbell Fusible Backing
• Foam stabilizer: 1 yard, such as Soft and Stable or Pellon Flex Foam Or Kimberbell Flexi Foam
• Fusible web: 1 yard, such as Lite Steam A Seam 2
• Zipper: 36’’(92cm), 13’’(33cm) nylon
• Strapping: such as ByAnnie’s polypro strapping (or cotton webbing)
Looking for a great fabric line? You can find Minki Kim’s darling Hidden Cottage Fat Quarter Bundle here:
Minki Kim lives in Southern California with her husband and three young daughters. A formally trained artist, she has always loved to draw, and when she discovered that she could draw with her sewing machine, she began incorporating her drawings in many of her projects, a technique she calls Sewing Illustration. Minki has a book “Sew Illustrated; 36 charming fabric and thread designs” (co-authored with Kristin Esser) from Stash Books. She contributes regularly to publications worldwide.
When not sewing, Minki enjoy capturing her kids and her quiet little town and trying to recreate through her fabric designs.
Follow Minki Kim on Instagram to see more of her fabulous designs.
Sign up for the “Girlfriend Insider” to stay up-to-date!