July Handi Quilter VIRTUAL Event! 4 CLASSES TO CHOOSE FROM!
The Girlfriends and Handi Quilter are coming right to your home, virtually! Join us for this two-day virtual event all about longarming! Enjoy learning from the comforts of your own home!
This two-day celebration of all things longarming has something for EVERYONE! From beginner to veteran, you are sure to learn lots from educators from Handi Quilter!
Are you excited for Day 2 of our event? You might want to pick up a HQ Curved Crosshatch Ruler if you do not already have one.
July Handi Quilter VIRTUAL Event!
Hosted by My Girlfriend’s Quilt Shoppe & Handi Quilter
Dates: JULY 13-14 **These sessions will not be recorded.
Schedule: *NOTE: Some Morning and Evening Classes are Repeated.
DAY 1 – JULY 13 (11:00 am – 1:00 pm MDT OR 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM MDT): I’m Done Piecing- Now What?
Everyone can learn something new in this basic class – whether you’ve only pieced quilt tops or have finished a whole stack of quilts. Prepping your quilt top properly, choosing and marking designs on your quilt, and selecting batting and backings will all be covered in this class. Threads, needles and tension and their relationship to finishing quilts will be discussed. Bring one of your finished quilt tops, if you like, to explore different ideas for your quilt.
- Quilt top prepping and picking your backing
- Auditioning, resizing with Quilter’s Assistant Proportional Scale & applying quilt desings
- The basics of batting and basting
- Tackling threads, needles and tension
- Stitch-in-the-ditch and meander quilting
DAY 1 – JULY 13 (2:00 pm – 4:00 pm MDT): Fear No Feather!
Love feathers but are afraid to try them? You will conquer your feather fears in this class. We’ll start with easy ways to quilt beautiful feathers. Building off a basic spine, you’ll learn how to draw different types of feather plumes, their stitch paths, and how to make them fit into lots of different spaces. We’ll explore putting the perfect feather into a border and even quilting around the corner. Soon you’ll be quilting feathers on all your quilts!
- Feather backbones and spines
- Feather stitch paths and shapes, making them continuous
- Fitting feathers into blocks and circles
- How to put feathers in a border
- Feathers as an overall quilt design
DAY 2 – JULY 14 (11:00 am – 1:00 pm MDT OR 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm MDT): What’s New in HQ Rulers
Interested in seeing what you can do with the new Ruler of the Month Club recent releases? This class explores all the great design combinations you can create with this set of 6 rulers. Everything from creating a classic block design to accomplishing a fabulous edge to edge design can be done with these versatile rulers.
- Ruler Safety Review – Handi Grip, Sure Foot & Ruler Base, stitch length, Precision or Cruise mode, needle down vs up
- How to use the markings on the rulers
- What shapes can I quilt with the rulers?
- What else can I do with these rulers?
- How to combine rulers to create a new design
- Add fills to the ruler shapes, echo and repeat
DAY 2 – JULY 14 (2:00 pm – 4:00 pm MDT): Quilting the Straight and Narrow
Love piecing modern quilts but afraid to quilt the straight lines? We’ll explore everything from matchstick quilting to great all over designs using the humble straight lines. Rulers and channel locks give you precise straight lines every time, even when quilting designs that look complex like crosshatching. We’ll demystify the techniques of quilting on the straight and narrow!
- Straight line ruler tips and tricks
- Different types of channel locks
- Conquering crosshatching
- Straight line border designs
- Building basic designs from straight lines
Check out the Handi Quilters Facebook page.
Sign up for the “Girlfriend Insider” to stay up-to-date!