ONLINE CLASS – Savvy Serger Placemat REPLAY
Enjoy sewing and learning new things from the comforts of your own home!
Club members! You’ll receive 1/2 off all “Virtual Green Doors” project classes! Interested in becoming a CLUB member? Click here!
ONLINE CLASS: Savvy Serger Placemat Replay
Instructor: Susan A.
Cost: $15 + materials
- 1/2 yard Main fabric
- 1 Yard Backing Fabric
- 1/2 yard Shape-Flex or other lightweight fusible interfacing
- 1 yard fusible fleece
- (2) 2 inch strips of accent fabric-WOF (piping)
- (5) Coordinating fabrics, one strip of each 2.5 x 20 inches (pieced strip)
- 75 inches cotton cording
- 75 inches 3/8 inches wide ribbon
- Decorative thread – (can use Embroidery thread) 2 contrasting colors
- 4 Spools Serger thread- pick a color that will show up on your main fabric
- Fusible Fleece
- Shape Flex
Date: November 3, 10 AM to 1 PM MDT
If you have an 8-Thread Serger, here are the feet needed:
- Pintuck Foot with T Guide
- Cording Foot
- Open Toe Foot
- Quilt Guide
If you have a 4-Thread Serger (and a regular sewing machine for “Serge & Merge”), here are the feet needed:
- Serger: Cording Foot
- Sewing: Quilt Guide
Before Class Preparation:
Press all fabrics, I like to use Best Press to give the fabric more body.
Cut Main Fabric into 2 10” x 20” and 2 7”x 18” pieces
Cut 2 10” x 20” pieces of Shape-Flex and fuse to wrong side of 10” x 20” fabric
Cut 4 5” x 18” pieces of Shape Flex, set aside
Sign up for the “Girlfriend Insider” to stay up-to-date!