Travel Case for Mini Iron by Minki Kim (PDF Downloadable Pattern)
Skill level: Intermediate
Total of 10 pages
The pattern has instructions, pouch template, and all color step-by-step pictures
Materials and Supplies for the Travel Case for a Mini Iron
• Case top and zipper panel: fat quarter quilting cotton
• Case body and bottom: fat quarter quilting cotton
• Lining and binding: 1/2 yard quilting cotton
• Your zipper tape color fabric: scrap, for the back panel
• Foam stabilizer: 1/2 yard, such as Soft and Stable or Pellon Flex-Foam or Kimberbell Flexi Foam
• Fusible webbing: 1/2 yard, such as Lite Steam-A-Seam 2
• Zipper: at least 27’’
• Optional leather strip for handle: 11’’(28cm) x 3/4’’(2cm)
• Optional Snap fastener: 1/2’’ diameter, 2 sets
Looking for a great fabric line to make your Mini Iron Travel Case? You can find Minki Kim’s darling Hidden Cottage Fat Quarter Bundle here:
Minki Kim lives in Southern California with her husband and three young daughters. A formally trained artist, she has always loved to draw, and when she discovered that she could draw with her sewing machine, she began incorporating her drawings in many of her projects, a technique she calls Sewing Illustration. Minki has a book “Sew Illustrated; 36 charming fabric and thread designs” (co-authored with Kristin Esser) from Stash Books. She contributes regularly to publications worldwide.
When not sewing, Minki enjoy capturing her kids and her quiet little town and trying to recreate through her fabric designs.
Follow Minki Kim on Instagram to see more of her fabulous designs.
Sign up for the “Girlfriend Insider” to stay up-to-date!